Seasons Adult Day Center
What Is an Adult Day Program?
An adult day program is designed to meet the needs of seniors who are suffering from dementia, Alzheimer's or other ailments or who are wheel chair-bound or lonely. Socialization, assistance with personal care and a wide variety of activities help the individuals who attend our adult day program maintain their independence and promote feelings of self-worth.
Adult day programs offer families an opportunity to “take a break” from their caregiving responsibilities. Individuals attend on a planned basis that may range from one to five days per week, according to the participant’s and family’s needs.
Services Provided Include
· Personal care, including showers
· Assistance with medication
· A hot noon meal and snacks
· Therapeutic activities
· Educational, health & recreational activities
· Outings and field trips
· Intergenerational activities
· Pet Therapy
· Mental Stimulation activities
· Music and live entertainment
· Supervised cooking and gardening
· Arts and crafts
Benefits of Adult Day Care
· A safe, secure environment
· Enjoyable and educational activities with socialization and peer support
· Social setting reduces risk of depression caused by isolation and loss
· Prevention focus, including nutrition, safety awareness, health monitoring activities, and therapy reduce risks of falls and improve ability to live at home
· Research indicates participation in adult day center may slow cognitive loss
· Respite from caregiving maintains the caregiver’s mental and physical health by providing relief from caregiving duties and the ability to continue employment.
Seasons HomeCare Adult Day Center March Calendar
Seasons HomeCare has been assisting the aged and disabled maintain independence in their homes for the last four years. We are excited to enter our own new Season by offering clients the opportunity to come together in a structured environment of cognitive and physical stimulation while enjoying various activities in a safe, comfortable (ADA compliant) home-like setting that is about half the cost of in-home care.
Easy Admission Call (574) 268-9000 for more information and to take a tour of our center. We are fully accessible to people with disabilities, and affordable transportation can be easily arranged to help you get to our facility.